This guide explains your rights when opening an account or using bank services. Please refer to the below for more info:
Information on the Products/Services
- Upon requesting the opening of an account, read the terms and conditions of accounts thoroughly before signing and accepting them
- Before opening an account, confirm that the type of account you are opening suits the purpose you are opening it for
- Read the list of fees and commissions for the banking services and products available at the branch and on our website
- You may visit Boubyan Bank’s website to review the terms and conditions of all our accounts and promotions
- Read the terms and conditions of Term Deposits and understand how they work before signing the request for creating one
- Before opening any Term Deposit, confirm the type of deposit you are investing in as well as its tenor
- Understand the structure and benefits of each type of deposit to avoid any possible loss of profits upon requesting to break it prematurely
- Ensure you are provided the Certificate of Deposit so that you may verify its type and tenor
- Understand the profit calculation method of your Term Deposit if it were to mature or upon breaking it before maturity
- You may visit Boubyan Bank’s website to review the terms and conditions of all Term Deposits provided by the bank
- Read the terms and conditions of your cards thoroughly before signing the request for issuing the card
- Verify the type of card issued as well as its withdrawal limits inside and outside of Kuwait
- Understand the method of calculating foreign exchange rates when using your card for foreign currency payments
- Ensure the periodic review of transactions made using your cards in order to confirm their accuracy
- Read the list of fees and commissions for the cards that are available at the branch and on our website
- Keep the card in a secure place and do not store the PIN in the same place as the card
- For your safety and security, do not provide your card or PIN to any individual
- Kindly remember to sign the back of your card using your official signature
- When using your cards check that the transaction amount is correct before entering your PIN code or signing the payment slip
- Save the bank’s Call Center numbers (local & international) in your phone to contact them for any assistance or emergency
- Always answer phone calls from +965 2232 5660 as the Card Transaction Monitoring Team may call you to confirm any transactions
- Please review all SMS alerts and push notifications sent to you by the bank as they may contain important information regarding your cards or accounts
- Keep the bank informed about your travel plan using the Travel Notification Service through the Online Banking site or Mobile Banking application to enjoy using your cards without interruption
- Keep the bank updated with your latest information and contact details
- Read the terms and conditions of any financing deal thoroughly before signing the contract
- Upon requesting any type financing confirm the installment amount, date of deduction, amount of calculated profits, and terms of contract
- The decision to provide or abstain from providing the financing amount is a credit-related decision made upon the discretion of each bank
- The bank should verify the documents received from the customer as a proof of spending the personal finance on the purpose for which the finance was extended
Boubyan Bank Banking Application for Smart Devices/Bank Accounts
- For your safety and security, do not share your online or mobile banking username or password
Important Information for You
- The Sharia Supervisory Board at Islamic banks is formed upon the recommendation of the Board of Directors and is appointed by the approval of the General Assembly. The Shariah Supervisory Board is responsible for giving an opinion on the extent of the bank’s compliance in all its transactions and operations with the provisions of the Islamic Sharia.
- The Civil ID is the identification card for GCC citizens and residents in all of their transactions and uses, for both the public and private sectors.
- Customers with special needs are exempted from waiting in queues upon visiting branches and departments
- Customers are entitled to take a copy of any contract they may sign with the bank
- All banks have a dedicated unit for customer complaints who are vested with the right to receive written complaints from their customers and provide a written response to them within 15 business days
- The Central Bank of Kuwait has a dedicated unit for customer complaints called the Customer Protection Unit and they may be contacted in case you are not satisfied with the resolution of your complaint
- The maximum limit for the monthly deductions of any and all installments should not exceed 40% of the net monthly salary or 30% for retirees
At Boubyan Bank, our customers are our top priority. We are committed to providing an Itqan level of service that ensures our customers’ satisfaction in accordance with Sharia’a principles and practices. We can only succeed in doing so if you read and understand the Customer Responsibilities and Obligations and thankfully comply with the following:
- The information submitted to the bank must be authentic
- The customer must carefully read all documents provided by the bank for obtaining any service or product, with the necessity to identify any fees, commissions or any other liabilities or obligations laid down on the customer. The customer shall have to keep a copy of these documents before any financial or banking obligation is created on him.
- In event the customer does not understand any of the conditions or the procedures relevant to the product or service he desires to obtain, he shall have to submit his queries to the concerned bank employee, so that the customer can make decisions based on a clear and complete vision
- The customer must comply with the procedures for submitting the complaint, including the grievance measures to the Customer Protection Unit at the Central Bank of Kuwait
- The customer shall have to identify the risks that may arise as a result of his use of a product or service rendered by the bank, through the queries addressed to the concerned persons on the impacts ensuing from these risks, and shall have to avoid such risks as much as possible
- The customer shall have to select among the products and services offered to him the ones that are most convenient to his circumstances and actual real capabilities to satisfy his actual requirements
- The customer must immediately advise the bank of any banking transactions made on his account which he does not know anything about nor does he know their reasons, or those transactions which have not been authorized by him
- The customer must be cautious and vigilant in maintaining the confidentiality of his private information relevant to his transactions with the bank, and shall not disclose such information to any third party for safeguarding his funds
- The customer must seek the advice and consultancy from the relevant bank employee in case he encounters any financial difficulties that may lead to his failure to satisfy the conditions of the contract concluded with him or use of the products and services rendered to him
- The customer must update his personal and banking information with the bank when requested to do so by the bank, or in event of change of any information
- To confirm maintaining banking confidentiality, and in event the customer needs to communicate with the bank he deals with by normal courier or email, he must use the postal address belonging to him to avoid access by any other person to his personal and banking information if he used an address that does not belong to him
- In the event that the customer needs to grant an authorization or proxy to another person to transact on his accounts or funds with the bank, he must be cautious concerning the authorities and information granted to the attorney, and to take the necessary action immediately upon his desire to revoke the proxies and to advise the bank of the same
- The customer shall not to sign any financial documents, blank or incomplete information contracts, and must check these documents which the bank submits to him before signing
- The customer shall maintain, in a safe place, copies of documents of transactions with the bank for easy reference to these documents when necessary
Out of Boubyan Bank’s concern to provide the highest levels of service to its customers and with emphasis on the importance of Quality Service in achieving the objectives of the bank, we are pleased to inform you that if you have any complaints, please let us know about it so as we can make it right and enhance your future experiences with Boubyan Bank. To help us address your concern quickly and effectively please find below the steps and procedures to be followed upon filing a complaint:Filing a Complaint:
The complaint should be filed using the complaint form only.
A complaint should be filed using any of the below methods:
- In person via the Complaints & Customer Protection Unit:
- Visit us in person at the Complaints & Customer Protection Unit available during weekdays from 08h00 till 15h00 (Kuwait City - Mubarkiya - Ali Al Salem St. - Mubarak Tower Block 5, Building 15 Central Commercial Area).
- Fill the complaint form in any of our branches then hand the form to the branch manager and receive a copy of the complaint form.
- Fill the complaint form then send it by email to Complaintunit@bankboubyan.com
- P.O. Box.:
- Fill the complaint form then send it by mail to Boubyan bank - Complaints & Customer Protection Unit - P.O.Box 25507 Safat 13116 Kuwait.
- Mobile App:
- Type the complaint through Boubyan App with adding - any needed attachments – the response will be ready in app within 15 working days.
Studying the complaint:
The Complaints & Customer Protection Unit at the bank shall be the only body to study the subject of the complaint in a professional and accurate manner. The Complaints & Customer Protection Unit works as an independent unit upon performing its duties.
In case the Complaints & Customer Protection Unit sees that corrective measures are needed, the bank shall be committed to performing the same.
Response to complaints:
Response to complaints shall be made in writing.
Response should be provided by the Complaints & Customer Protection Unit within 15 business days from the date of receiving the complaint.
Filing an appeal with the Central Bank of Kuwait:
In case the subject of complaint is not rectified/sorted out, or in case the customer is not convinced by the bank’s response to the complaint, the customer shall be entitled to file an appeal with the Central Bank of Kuwait using the form made for this purpose.
Complaints are disregarded in the below cases:
If the customer’s signature does not match the one with bank’s records.
If the subject of the complaint is being heard before the courts of law.
If there is no contractual relationship between the applicant and the bank.
Contacts of Complaints & Customer Protection Unit at Boubyan Bank:
Contacts of Customers’ Protection Unit at the Central Bank of Kuwait:
- What are the procedures if the customer wants to file an official complaint?
- There is an approved unified form for filing complaints. An official letter will be sent to the customer in response to his complaint.
- Where can I get the complaint’s form and submit it?
- Customers may file their complaints through any of the following options:
- Any of Boubyan Bank branches (the form shall be filled out).
- Sending the complaint’s form after printing it and filling it out to Complaintunit@bankboubyan.com
- Visiting the Complaints & Customer Protection Unit (Mubarkiya, Mubarak Tower, M1 Floor)
- Sending the complaint by mail (Complaints & Customer Protection Unit, P.O. Box 25507, Safat 13116, Kuwait).
- What is the time needed to respond to a complaint?
- A response will be sent regarding the complaint within 15 business days as per the procedures adopted in all banks and approved by the Central Bank of Kuwait.
- In case the customer is not convinced of the response, what can he do?
- He can visit the Central Bank of Kuwait and file an appeal regarding the response on his complaint.
- Can an unauthorized person for the account file a complaint in the name of the customer?
- An unauthorized person to manage the account cannot file a complaint unless he is entitled to manage it (such as a father/guardian over a minor’s account.)
- Is there any way to settle any subject over the phone or in a quick manner?
- Boubyan Bank has a special unit called Customer Care Unit which receives remarks and complaints over the phone.
- In case the customer wants to file an unofficial complaint over the phone, what is the time needed to contact the customer?
- 24 hours from the time of receiving the application.
- How to contact the Customer Care Unit?
- Via the IVR service at 1820082 or through any of the Bank’s branches.
The Customer Protection Guide aims to clarify the laws governing financial transactions in order to create more awareness and increase transparency to protect the rights of customers. for more info please download the guide: