Announcement of Public Subscription in the Share Capital Increase for the Shareholders of Boubyan Bank K.S.C.P.
Issuer and Subscription Agent:
Boubyan Bank K.S.C.P., a Public Kuwaiti Shareholding Company Incorporated in the State of Kuwait
Boubyan Capital Investment Company
CR. no. :
Clearing and Depository Agent:
Kuwait Clearing Company K.S.C.
Notice to Potential Investors:
We advise investors to read and understand the content of the Prospectus ahead of investment, and to perform risk assessment and to seek professional advice since this advertisement does not include all the information that must be studied by potential investors before taking the decision to invest in the offering’s shares, and since no confirmation may be given as to the completeness of this information.
Percentage increase in issued share capital
The capital of the Issuer will be increased by KD 40,000,000 (Forty million Kuwaiti Dinars) representing an increase of 11.98% (eleven point ninety eight percent) in the Issuer’s authorized and issued share capital immediately prior to the Offering.
Total Value of the Offering:
KD 200,000,000 (Two hundred million Kuwaiti Dinars) inclusive of the nominal value 100 (one hundred) Fils and the share premium 400 (four hundred) Fils per share.
Nature of Shares:
Minimum Subscription: 1 (One) Share
Subscription Period Allocated for Exercising Pre-Emptive Rights “Rights Issue”:
From May 15th 2022 to May 29th 2022
The Period for Trading Pre-Emptive Rights
From May 15th 2022 to May 22nd 2022
Shareholders whose names are recorded in the Bank’s Shareholders Register with Kuwait Clearing Company K.S.C. at the close of trading on Boursa Kuwait on the Record Date, i.e. shareholders recorded in the Bank’s Shareholders Register as at May 11th 2022. For clarity, any trading on the Bank’s shares prior to the Record Date, for which the trade settlement process at Boursa Kuwait has not been completed as at the Record Date “Date of suspending pre-emptive rights”, and as a result have not been recorded in the Bank’s Shareholders Register, will not be considered in determining the Eligible Shareholders whose names are enrolled in the Bank’s Shareholders Register as at the Record Date.
Period for Public Subscription in Surplus Shares (if any):
From June 05th 2022 to June 19th 2022
First: Subscription through the website:
The website allows subscription in the share capital increase of 20,000 (twenty thousand) shares, equivalent to KD 10,000 (KD ten thousand) or less. Payment shall be made through K-NET service.
The Subscriber shall:
1. Login to the website via the link: https://www.ipo.com.kw
2. Register the civil ID number, thus, the system shall verify whether subscriber is eligible for subscription or not (verification shall be conducted during the period of exercising the pre-emption right only).
3. Record the number of shares to be subscribed for.
4. Be transferred to the payment portal via the K-NET service, where the subscriber can pay from his/her/its own account (no other person may pay on behalf of the Subscriber except in the cases provided for under law). (Required documents shall be reviewed upon submitting the subscription application, and the Subscriber shall bear all legal consequences in case of violation.)
Second: Subscription through visiting the clearing and depository agent "to subscribe in a number of shares exceeding 20,000 (twenty thousand) shares":
1. The Subscriber shall log on the link https://www.ipo.com.kw to print the subscription information document, including but not limited to the name of the subscriber, the civil ID number, the number of shares to be subscribed and their value.
2. The Subscriber shall visit his/her/its own bank and submit a copy of the Subscription Document printed from the above link and transfer the amount required to the Bank Account (not profit bearing) to increase the bank’s share capital (as a net amount without any charges by the instructing bank and the receiving Bank) as stated below:
Bank Name: Boubyan Bank K.S.C.P.
Account no.: 0003001366
Beneficiary: Boubyan Bank K.S.C.P.
Reference: Boubyan Bank share capital increase + subscriber's ID number (Civil Identity Card number) + subscriber's contact details (Telephone number)
3. The Subscriber shall get an original deposit voucher of the amount transferred from his own bank and then visit the clearing and depository agent to complete the remaining procedures.
4. The Subscriber shall visit the headquarters of the Clearing and Depository agent located at the Arabian Gulf Street, Ahmad Tower, the Fifth floor to submit the documents listed under the section for «Documents Required Upon Submitting Subscription Applications» in this Prospectus during usual business hours from 09:00 am to 01:00 pm.
5. The Clearing and Depository Agent shall provide the Subscriber with a deposit receipt of the Subscription.
Failure of any Subscriber to submit a duly completed Subscription Application Form (together with all applicable supporting documentation thereto) at the premises of Kuwait Clearing Company, after the transfer or deposit of due Subscription Monies as required in this Prospectus, shall render the Subscription Application of a Subscriber null and void. Subscription monies shall not be accepted in cash.
There are some risks associated with investment in the issue shares. Such risks may fall into the following categories:
- Issuer-related risks.
- Regulatory risks.
- Risks associated with the State of Kuwait.
- Risks associated with the issue shares.
“Neither the Capital Markets Authority nor any regulatory body in the State of Kuwait may bear any liability for the content of this advertisement, the accuracy thereof, or any loss which may arise due to reliance on any part thereof”.
Contact details for inquiries:
Investor Relations Unit: